talked-about issues in the world. All countries across the globe are facing the repercussions of global warming; our glaciers are melting, the frequency of hurricanes has increased, the seasons are changing, the sea levels have risen, the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has increased, animal species are becoming extinct. These are just a few of the issues that the living beings on earth have to face due to global warming. It has not only affected the human race, but even animals and plants are suffering due to this phenomenon. It is time that the citizens of our planet wake up and do something to save the environment.
Although we cannot avoid global warming, we can certainly delay the process. Here are a few simple things we can do to stall global warming.
- Pollution emitted from cars is one of the major contributors to air pollution and in turn to global warming. Carpooling helps save fuel and money and also reduces air pollution. You can opt for alternative traveling methods like cycling which helps you stay healthy while you save the planet.
- Reducing the carbon footprint is very important when trying to contain global warming. When you buy energy efficient appliances, you not only save energy, and hence reduce your carbon footprint, but you also save a lot of money.
- One of the simplest ways to pause the effects of global warming is to save electricity. Turn off lights, fans, computers, etc. when not in use.
- You can also opt for a natural form of energy like solar energy instead of electricity. A lot of people have already installed solar panels in their homes that help run appliances as well as lights and fans.
- Along with electricity and fuel, saving water is also of utmost importance to condemn the effects of global warming. Take quicker baths and use a bucket instead of the shower; turn off the tap while brushing; do not use a hose to water your plants.
- Trees give us oxygen and hence are very important for our survival. During photosynthesis, when plants prepare their food, they take in carbon dioxide. This helps reduce its level in the atmosphere and hence makes the air more breathable.
- Reuse and recycle are the two R’s that will help reduce the effects of global warming drastically. When waste is burnt, it releases many hazardous gases like methane that pollute the air beyond repair. Recycling bottles, plastic containers, and other such items helps reduce waste and thus, can stall global warming.
Apart from following these tips, you also have an added responsibility of creating awareness. Many people do not take any of the above measures simply because they are not aware of the seriousness of the situation. We all notice the small changes happening around us, but because we do not see anything drastic, we think it is not an urgent matter. But the truth is that global warming is something that is slowly and steadily degrading our planet and our lives, and we need to act now if we want to continue to live peacefully.
This is a guest post written by Suraj Singh.
Suraj Singh is a passionate blogger who loves to write on environmental friendly topics. His motto is to go green and turn the globe into a healthier place to live.